With the rapid expansion of digitalization and reliance on the internet, online payment and e-banking facilities have become an integral part of the e-commerce industry. However, recently, Daraz has observed an increase in Daraz frauds and Daraz scams being taken place by scammers and hackers.
It is no doubt that online purchases from your credit/debit cards is a convenient method of paying for goods with many perks and added benefits for users. These very benefits often lure scammers and fraudsters to take advantage of the ease of payment offered by card payments through vulnerable victims.
With so many offers and discounts available on credit and debit cards on Daraz, more and more fraud crimes are being committed using this digital retail in creative ways by scammers to steal money from users by placing fake orders.
So, if you’re worried about credit card fraud on Daraz or any other online shopping medium, we’re here to guide on how to shop online with your credit/debit card safely and smartly to avoid any misfortune happening to you or to anyone around you!
Here are some of the tips to follow to avoid being a victim of online card payment Daraz frauds:
- NEVER share your OTP (one-time-password) with anyone. Daraz or any bank in Bangladesh never asks for the OTP number or code.
- Do not use your card for Daraz payments outside of the Daraz website or app even if the seller claims to be a verified seller on Daraz.
- Do not reply to calls, SMS, or emails that ask you to provide your account information, your Daraz ID or password combination. Daraz will never ask you for personal information.
- Never disclose your card details if you get a call or message from a suspicious number. Scammers can disguise as a representative from Daraz Customer Service and steal your data.
- Do not click on links and enter your card details if it is not an authorized or official link of the Daraz website or your bank.
Daraz aims to make online shopping as a safe experience for all its users and the security of its customers is its main priority.
If you have faced these issues or suspect fraudulent activity by someone claiming to be a representative of Daraz, reach out to us at https://www.daraz.com.bd/contact-us/ or connect us via the live chat feature.
Do check all sorts of attractive deals on Daraz 10.10 Sale campaign page!