There is more than one way to prepare for a date, we say start early!
Make sure your skin is looking and feeling like a million dollars and take some time to pamper yourself. This does not apply to one gender but all. You should all be taking special care of your skin given the weather and pollution we constantly expose ourselves to.
Stop being tensed, just take care of your skin
A lot of the pollution we expose ourselves to leave our pores clogged up with dirt and bacteria, it is essential that we avoid the build-up. You start to see your skin show you signs of distress with the pimples and other little rashes that appear on the surface. Now the reaction should not be to ignore it or let it solve itself, you should also be cleaning your skin daily.
It is recommended to start a facial routine at least seven days before, that way you will see some real results. Please conduct a test patch on your wrist to see if there are any skin reactions, if there is any irritation please discontinue the use.
Here are some tried and tested advice from the specialists for taking care of your skin depending on your skin type-
For Dry Skin
Oats are grains of wonder. They have multiple uses and they are excellent for sensitive and dry skin. Many use oat soaked water during bathing to soothe itching and skin irritations. Oats have great lipid and protein which have humectant, occlusive and emollient effects. It is also great for aging skin as it has antioxidants. Humectant properties is an agent which retains water from its surrounding attaching itself to the skin, this helps dry skin stay hydrated. Occlusive properties create a thin layer that works as a shield to hold in that hydration. The emollient agent of Oats smooths out the bumps and cracks with the lipids giving you a smooth finish.
- Oatmeal Face-pack: oatmeal and honey, just mix these two ingredients and get yourself a very soft and excellent scrub suitable for most skin types. If you have oily skin add some lemon.
- St Ives Oatmeal Scrub and Mask: this is a great gentle scrub that leaves your skin supple and soft. It is great for people with sensitive and dry skin, the scrub allows perfect amounts of moisture and hydration. You will see visible differences with regular use and religious moisturizing.
For Oily Skin
- Egg White Peel off mask.
- The few who swore by this promise results within a short time, they found this to be a great alternative to a dry. Try this out of you have oily skin.
- Rice scrub
- Rice powder, cucumber juice, banana: This is a natural scrub that is an excellent deep cleanser. The cucumber juice will help with excessive oil production.
For Combination Skin
- Tea tree Toner/clay mask/oil
- Too many people who use this swear by the results and time. You do have to maintain a routine as well as a daily application. Try the CTM (cleansing, toning, and moisturizing) method and add in a mask session once a week. If you use a scrub do not use it more than twice a week.
- Lemon Yogurt
- Powder milk, yogurt, honey, lemon juice – Mix this all up in a nice bowl and apply it on your face for 10 minutes. This is good for promoting brightness and makes the texture of your skin smooth. If you have acne-prone skin be sure to use this.
Remember to moisturize after a good cleansing, especially as a layer of protection from this weather! Here are some of our recommendations for skincare moisturizers and creams.
- Nature Republic Aloe Vera
- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion Toner
- Neutrogena Visibly Clear Moisturizer
- Nivea Men Oil Control Moisturizer
- Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser
Find more tips about Valentine’s Day:
5 Must-Know Fashion Tips for Valentine’s Day