The world is not a safe place, especially for our women. Every day, women from all around the world have to go through unimaginable situations that reassert it’s not safe for women. But hiding from reality will get us nowhere. We’ve to take our safety into our own hands and do what we can to stay safe – because if we don’t, nobody will.
Let us all come together and vow to protect our women in every way possible. Let us never turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to a woman in trouble. In fact, let us never ignore when any person is seemingly in trouble, man or woman!
With International Women’s Day approaching, let’s look at some of the most critical self-defense tactics for females that you may use to protect yourself in any situation.
1. Self Defense Training
One of the first things that every female should know are some basic self defense moves. Self defense training can give you the confidence to try and overpower if, God forbid, you’re ever assaulted.
You should start with memorizing the vulnerable spots:
Once you have memorized these sensitive spots, you can try and focus your strength at them to overpower the attacker. The most effective and simple self-defense techniques are:
- Grab the wrist: Grab the ring finger and pinky finger with one hand, and use the other hand to grab the middle and index finger. Then bend the wrist forward and this will make any giant person squirm in pain!
- Hit between collar bones or into Adam’s apple: Use your fingers or fist to do this and you’ll be able to disorient the attacker. This should give you enough time to escape before they come back to sense.
- Aim for the groin: This one is obvious. It’ll paralyze the attacker, giving you enough time to run.
- Hit the Nose: If you were attacked from the front, use your fists to create some room in between and then hit the nose of the attacker with your forehead. Then using your knee, hit him in the groin!
2. Keep a Pepper Spray on You
A pepper spray will come in very handy in a situation like this. Every woman should keep pepper spray in their purses so that, God forbid in case of such a situation, they can spray the attacker with it to defend themselves. The pepper spray price in Bangladesh is very reasonable, so you don’t have to worry about having to spend a fortune on it!
3. Use ‘SOS’ Feature on Phone to Alert Others
Most people don’t know that they can activate an SOS feature on their phones that they can use to alert others in case they’re in trouble.
Here’s how you activate on Android:
And here’s how you can activate on iPhone
- Emergency SOS
- Turn it on
- Add trusted contacts
The phone activation of SOS lets you send an SOS message in emergency. In most phones, you have to press the power button multiple times to activate the feature. Every phone specifies on their feature page about how many times you’ll have to tap.
When you tap this feature to activate it, it’ll automatically send your location to your chosen contacts. As you can see, it can also share audio and pictures.
Self-defense training for women is very important. Women should take self-defense classes or at least equip themselves with some handy moves that they can use should the need arise (God forbid!). Other tips that we’ve mentioned above, especially the SOS feature, can be really helpful!
Lastly, we’d just like to say to always be alert and careful – after all, in a world like this, you can never be too careful!
You may also like-
7 Top Tips Before Buying Microwave Ovens