Find All The Rules of Qurbani In Islam and Qurbani Rules for All for This Eid ul Adha 2023 in Bangladesh Below!
Eid ul Adha 2023 is one of the main festivals in the Islamic calendar that has great importance. It dates from the historic time Prophet Ibrahim had a vision where the Almighty Allah (swt) commanded him to sacrifice his son for Him, and while he was in the act, Allah (swt) sent the Angel Jibril to replace the son with a lamb. Eid ul Adha remembers the willingness and great sacrifice Prophet Ibrahim was ready to obey Allah, and it is followed as a Holy tradition by Muslims all around the world.
Since performing a sacrifice in the name of Allah has many sacred values attached to it, it is important that if you’re taking part in Qurbani, then you should perform it in accordance with all the Islamic rules mentioned in the holy Quran and Sunnah for Qurbani Eid to make sure your sacrifice is accepted.
Qurbani Rules in Islam
There are certain rules which are mentioned in the Quran regarding Qurbani that must be followed to make sure your sacrifice is accepted by Allah (swt).
- First, you should make sure that the Qurbani should only be performed between the 10th and 12th dates of Dhul Hijjah and can only be carried out after the Eid prayer.
- The person who is performing the sacrifice or is getting a sacrifice done in his/her name must not trim his/her hair or nails from the 1st of Dhu’l-Ḥijjah till the Qurbani.
- The Qurbani must be divided into three shares – one for oneself, one for family, relatives, or close friends, and the other for the poor.
- For Cow or camel, up to seven shares are granted, and for goat or ship, only one share is applicable.
- Before sacrificing the Animal, Takbeer must be called out to ensure your Qurbani is accepted.
- The Animal should not suffer or go through any mishandling during the slaughtering.
- No part of the animal, be it the meat, skin, organs, etc, be sold for money as it would invalidate the sacrifice.
In order to have your Qurbani accepted, one should also be fair in distributing and dividing the meat of Qurbani. Learn how to distribute Qurbani meat so your sacrifice is accepted.
Qurbani Rules for Family
The rules for Qurbani in a family or a household imply that the head of the family or household who has the capacity and wealth can offer Qurbani on behalf of all the people who live in the house. While the shares donated by the family should be made for each person. For example, if a family of 5 performs Qurbani, then they have to donate 5 shares each.
Qurbani Rules for Husband And Wife
The rules for Qurbani for husband and wife are the same ruling for any person performing the sacrifice. Both the wife and husband for Qurbani must follow the rules levied on individuals performing the sacrifice. According to the Quran, both the wife and husband must make their intention to offer Qurbani or udhiyah. Moreover, if the wife has her own money and is eligible for Qurbani, then the husband does not have to give a share to the wife.
Qurbani Rules for Child
According to the Quran, the rules for Qurbani for children state that it is not mandatory or wajib for a child who has not reached puberty. However, if the child’s guardian is giving a share on behalf of the child, then the child must follow the rules before Qurbani.
Is Qurbani Farz or Sunnah?
Qurbani is obligatory for every wealthy Muslim who is eligible for qurbani as it is an order from Allah, but it is not farj for every Muslim. Qurbani is considered a Sunnah, which means people who perform Qurbani will be highly rewarded, but if a person is unable to do so, it will not be considered a grave sin.
Moreover, any person who is eligible for Zakat or meets the Nisab rate for Eid ul Adha becomes wajib on him or her to do the Qurbani. It is recommended for saheb-e-nisab Muslims to not miss Qurbani and do it as it yields high rewards.
Visit Daraz Grand Eid Fest 2023 to complete your Eid shopping online.
Read Also: Qurbani Eid Date in Bangladesh?
Found this insightful? Choose your network to share: