To apply for an Indian tourist visa from Bangladesh, you need to complete the visa application process through the Indian embassy or consulate in Bangladesh. This involves filling out the online application form, submitting the required documents, and paying the visa fees.
If you’re a Bangladeshi citizen planning to visit India for tourism purposes, you will need to apply for an Indian tourist visa. The process can seem overwhelming, but with the right information and preparation, it can be straightforward.
Whether you’re visiting for leisure, sightseeing, or visiting friends and family, securing the necessary visa is an essential step before you can explore all that India has to offer. So let’s dive right in and find out how you can apply for an Indian tourist visa as a Bangladeshi passport holder.
Documents Required for Indian Tourist Visa for Bangladeshi Citizens
Before you start the visa application process, make sure you have the following requirements in order:
1. Valid Passport: Your passport should be valid for at least six months from the date of your intended arrival in India. It should also have at least two blank pages for visa stamping.
2. Visa Application Form: You need to fill out the online visa application form accurately and completely. The form can be found on the official website (https://www.ivacbd.com/) of the Indian Visa Application Centre.
3. Photograph: You will need to provide two recent passport-sized photographs with a white background. The photographs should be in color and have a matte or semi-matte finish.
4. Proof of Travel: You should have a confirmed round-trip travel itinerary or a ticket showing your intention to leave India within the validity of your visa.
5. Financial Proof: You will need to demonstrate your financial capability to cover your expenses during your stay in India. This can be done by providing bank statements, sponsorship letters, or any other relevant financial documents.
6. Proof of Accommodation: It is essential to provide proof of your accommodation arrangements in India. This can be in the form of hotel bookings, an invitation letter from a host, or any other relevant document.
7. Supporting Documents: Depending on your specific circumstances, additional supporting documents may be required. These can include proof of employment, educational documents, business references, or any other relevant documents to support your visa application.
8. Visa Fee: You will need to pay the applicable visa fee. The fee can vary depending on the duration and type of visa you are applying for. It is advisable to check the official website or contact the Indian Visa Application Centre for the most up-to-date fee information.
It is crucial to note that the requirements mentioned here are general guidelines. The Indian Visa Application Centre may have additional requirements or specific instructions for Bangladeshi citizens. It is recommended to visit their official website or contact their customer service for detailed and up-to-date information before submitting your application.
Indian Visa Application Process
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for an Indian Tourist Visa
Applying for an Indian tourist visa from Bangladesh is a straightforward process. Below is a step-by-step guide to help you through the application process:
Step 1: Create an Account
Visit the official website (https://indianvisa-bangladesh.nic.in/visa/index.html) of the Indian Visa Online Portal and register an account.
Step 2: Fill up the Online Visa Application Form
Fill out and submit the online application form with the required details, including personal information, travel itinerary, and purpose of visit. Make sure to provide accurate and complete information to avoid delays or rejection of your application.
Filling out the Online Application Form
When filling out the online application form, make sure to follow these tips:
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information.
- Double-check all the details before submitting the form.
- Use capital letters for clarity and avoid using special characters.
- Include complete addresses for your stay in India, including the hotel name, address, and contact information.
- Mention the purpose of your visit clearly, whether it’s tourism, business, medical, or any other relevant category.
Step 3: Upload the Required Documents
You will need to upload a recent passport-sized photograph and a scanned copy of your passport bio page. Refer to the website for specific guidelines on photograph and document requirements.
Step 4: Pay the Visa Fee
Pay the visa fee online using the available payment options. The fee may vary depending on the type and duration of the visa you are applying for. Keep the payment receipt as you may need it for reference. See the official website for fees.
Step 5: Submit Your Application & Collect the Application ID
Once your application is submitted, you will receive an Application ID or a reference number. Make a note of this number as it will be required for tracking the status of your application.
Step 6: Schedule an Appointment at IVAC
Schedule an appointment at the nearest Indian Visa Application Center or Indian Embassy/Consulate in Bangladesh for biometric enrollment (if required). Carry the necessary documents, including your passport, appointment confirmation, and Application ID, to the appointment.
Step 7: Get Ready for the Appointment
Attend the appointment on the scheduled date and time. Your biometric data, including fingerprints and photographs, will be collected at this stage.
Step 8: Track Your Visa Status
Track the status of your application using the Application ID or reference number provided. You can check the status online or through the helpline numbers provided by the Indian Visa Online Portal.
Applying for an Indian tourist visa from Bangladesh can be a smooth and streamlined process if you follow the correct steps and provide accurate information. It is advisable to start the application process well in advance to avoid any last-minute complications or delays.
Documents Required for Indian Tourist Visa
When applying for an Indian tourist visa from Bangladesh, there are certain documents that you will need to provide. These documents are necessary to prove your eligibility for a tourist visa and to ensure a smooth visa application process.
Age Restrictions For Indian Tourist Visas
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply for an Indian tourist visa.
- Minors, below 18 years of age, must have their applications submitted by a parent or legal guardian.
Here are the essential documents required for an Indian tourist visa:
1. Valid Passport
You will need to have a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond your intended stay in India. Make sure your passport has at least two blank pages for visa stamps.
2. Proof of Accommodation & Return Ticket
You will be required to provide proof of accommodation for your entire stay in India. This can include hotel bookings, guesthouse reservations, or a letter of invitation from a host residing in India. Additionally, you will need to provide proof of your return ticket to Bangladesh.
3. Previous Travel History and Visa Compliance
A good travel history, including adherence to visa regulations in the past, can significantly increase your chances of obtaining an Indian tourist visa.
If you have previously overstayed a visa or violated any immigration rules, it may result in your visa application being denied.
4. Travel Insurance Requirements
While not mandatory, having travel insurance is highly recommended for visiting India.
Travel insurance can provide coverage for medical emergencies, trip cancellations, and loss of belongings.
Ensure that your travel insurance policy meets the requirements of the Indian authorities.
5. Medical Examination and Vaccinations
Some travelers may be required to undergo a medical examination or provide proof of certain vaccinations, depending on their country of residence and travel history.
It’s important to consult with your healthcare provider to determine if any specific vaccinations are recommended before traveling to India.
It is important to note that these documents are the basic requirements for an Indian tourist visa. Depending on your specific circumstances, additional documents may be required. It is always a good idea to check with the Indian embassy or consulate in Bangladesh or visit their official website for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding visa requirements.
For more information on how to apply for an Indian tourist visa from Bangladesh, you can visit the official website of the Indian High Commission in Dhaka (https://hcidhaka.gov.in). This website provides detailed instructions and guidance on the visa application process, including the required documents and fees.
Applying for an Indian tourist visa can be a relatively straightforward process if you have all the necessary documents prepared in advance. By following the guidelines provided by the Indian embassy or consulate, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free visa application experience.
Visa Interview and Biometric Enrollment
Visa Interview Tips
To successfully apply for an Indian tourist visa from Bangladesh, it is essential to prepare for the visa interview. Here are some tips to help you through the process:
1. Be well-prepared: Familiarize yourself with the visa requirements, necessary documents, and the purpose of your visit. Also, be ready to answer questions about your travel plans, itinerary, and accommodation arrangements.
2. Dress appropriately: Dress professionally and neatly for your visa interview. It is important to make a good impression, so avoid casual attire.
3. Be honest and concise: Provide clear and truthful answers to the visa officer’s questions. Make sure your answers are concise and to the point.
4. Show financial stability: Demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your travel expenses. Provide supporting documents, such as bank statements and income proofs.
5. Provide necessary documents: Bring all the required documents, including your passport, visa application form, photographs, and supporting documents like flight tickets and hotel bookings.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
Avoid the following mistakes during your visa interview to increase your chances of obtaining an Indian tourist visa:
1. Providing incomplete or inaccurate information: Make sure all the information on your visa application form is accurate and complete. Double-check your form before submission.
2. Lack of preparation: Prepare in advance for the visa interview by researching the visa requirements, understanding the purpose of your visit, and organizing your supporting documents.
3. Inadequate financial documentation: Ensure that you provide sufficient evidence of your financial stability and your ability to fund your trip to India.
Biometric Enrollment Process
During the application process, you will also need to enroll your biometrics at the Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC). Here’s what you can expect during the biometric enrollment process:
1. Schedule an appointment: Visit the IVAC website to schedule an appointment for biometric enrollment. Choose a convenient date and time for your appointment.
2. Visit the IVAC: On the day of your appointment, visit the IVAC with your passport and appointment confirmation. Follow the instructions provided by the staff and complete the biometric enrollment process.
3. Provide fingerprints and photograph: You will be required to provide your fingerprints and have your photograph taken. This information is recorded and linked to your visa application.
The biometric enrollment process is quick and straightforward. Once completed, your biometric data will be stored and used for identity verification during your visit to India.
It’s important to note that the visa interview and biometric enrollment processes may vary slightly, so it’s advisable to check the official website of the Indian High Commission or the Indian Visa Application Center for the most up-to-date information.
Visa Processing Time and Fees
Expected Processing Time for Indian Tourist Visa
The processing time for an Indian tourist visa may vary depending on several factors, including the country of application and the current workload of the Indian Embassy or Consulate. On average, it takes around 5 to 7 working days for the visa application to be processed.
However, it is recommended to apply well in advance, at least 2 to 3 weeks before your planned travel date, to allow for any unforeseen delays or additional documentation requirements.
It is important to note that the processing time is an estimate and not a guarantee. It is always a good idea to check the official website of the Indian Embassy or Consulate in Bangladesh for the most up-to-date information on visa processing times.
Visa Application Fees
The fees for an Indian tourist visa can also vary depending on the duration and type of visa you are applying for. Here are the approximate fees for different types of Indian tourist visas:
- Tourist Visa (up to 1 year): 2,400 BDT
- Tourist Visa (1 to 5 years): 4,660 BDT
- Tourist Visa (over 5 years): 6,950 BDT
- E-Visa (30 days, single entry): 2,860 BDT
- E-Visa (1 year, multiple entries): 12,150 BDT
- E-Visa (5 years, multiple entries): 19,800 BDT
**According to the Indian Visa Application Center, the fees may change.**
Please note that these fees are subject to change and may vary based on the exchange rate at the time of application. It is important to check the official website of the Indian Embassy or Consulate in Bangladesh for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding visa fees.
It is also worth mentioning that there may be additional service charges and fees associated with the visa application process, such as biometric enrollment fees or courier fees for passport delivery. It is advisable to review the official website or contact the Indian Embassy or Consulate in Bangladesh for a comprehensive breakdown of all applicable fees and charges.
Types of Indian Visas
Remember, the type of visa you need depends on your purpose of visit. Here are some common types of Indian visas: There are several common types of Indian visas that individuals may apply for depending on the purpose of their visit.
1. Tourist Visa
This visa is issued to individuals who wish to travel to India for tourism, sightseeing, visiting friends or family, or attending a short-term yoga program. It is usually valid for a specific duration, typically up to 90 days.
2. Business Visa
A business visa is intended for individuals who plan to visit India for business-related activities such as attending meetings, conferences, or exploring potential business opportunities. It is usually valid for a longer duration compared to a tourist visa.
3. Employment Visa
This visa is granted to individuals who have secured a job in India and intend to work for an Indian employer. It is usually obtained after receiving a job offer and is valid for the duration specified by the employer.
4. Student Visa
Students enrolled in educational institutions in India can apply for a student visa. This visa allows them to pursue their studies in India at recognized universities or institutes. It is typically valid for the duration of the academic course.
5. Medical Visa
Individuals seeking medical treatment in India can apply for a medical visa. This visa is granted to those who require specialized medical care that is not available in their home country. It is usually valid for the duration of the medical treatment or up to a maximum of one year.
6. Conference Visa
Those attending international conferences, seminars, workshops, or other professional events in India can apply for a conference visa. This visa is specifically for conference-related activities and is typically valid for the duration of the event or as per the invitation letter.
It’s important to note that the specific requirements and conditions for each type of visa may vary. Applicants are advised to check the official website of the Indian Embassy or Consulate in their country for accurate and up-to-date information on visa requirements and application procedures.
For more detailed information on each type of visa and the application process, you can refer to the official website of the Indian Embassy or Consulate in Bangladesh.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Can I Submit My Indian Tourist Visa Application in Bangladesh?
You can submit your Indian tourist visa application at the Indian visa application center (IVAC) in Bangladesh.
Can I Apply For an Indian Tourist Visa Online From Bangladesh?
Yes, you can fill out the Indian tourist visa application form online and then submit it along with the required documents at the Indian visa application center.
How Much Does an Indian Tourist Visa From Bangladesh Cost?
The cost of an Indian tourist visa from Bangladesh depends on the duration and type of visa you choose. It is recommended to check the current fee structure before applying.
What is The Validity Period of an Indian Tourist Visa?
The validity of an Indian tourist visa can vary, but it is usually issued for a duration of 6 months to 10 years, depending on the applicant’s requirements.
Can I Extend My Indian Tourist Visa in India?
In some cases, you may be able to extend your Indian tourist visa while in India. However, it is recommended to check the specific guidelines and requirements for visa extensions.
Are There Any Additional Requirements For Specific Age Groups?
Yes, for minors traveling to India from Bangladesh, additional documents such as a consent letter from parents or guardians may be required. It is advisable to check the specific guidelines for minors’ visa applications.
Can I Travel to Other Countries From India With an Indian Tourist Visa?
No, an Indian tourist visa only allows travel within India. If you plan to visit other countries, you will need to obtain the appropriate visas for those destinations.
How Long Can I Stay in India With an Indian Tourist Visa?
The duration of stay allowed with an Indian tourist visa can vary. Usually, it is up to 90 days, but it is important to check the visa validity and permitted duration of stay before traveling.
Applying for an Indian tourist visa from Bangladesh can seem like a daunting process, but with the right information and guidance, it can be a smooth and straightforward experience. Here are some key points to remember when applying for an Indian tourist visa:
Key Points to Remember when Applying for an Indian Tourist Visa
- Check the eligibility criteria: Before applying for an Indian tourist visa, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria, such as having a valid passport, sufficient funds to cover your stay, and a return ticket.
- Gather required documents: Prepare all the necessary documents, including a completed visa application form, passport-sized photographs, a copy of your passport, and any supporting documents requested by the Indian Embassy or Consulate.
- Fill out the application form accurately: Double-check all the information you provide on the application form to avoid any mistakes or discrepancies that could lead to delays or rejection of your visa application.
- Apply in advance: It’s recommended to apply for an Indian tourist visa well in advance of your planned travel date to allow for any processing delays.
- Pay the visa fee: The Indian tourist visa fee is subject to change, so make sure you check the latest fee structure and pay the required amount.
- Submit the application: Submit your completed visa application along with the necessary documents to the Indian Embassy or Consulate in Bangladesh.
- Track your application: Keep track of your visa application status by using the online tracking system provided by the Indian Embassy or Consulate.
Found this insightful? Choose your network to share: